- Do you ...
need to look something up?
have a paper to write?
want to view a photo essay?
- Are you ...
looking for links to African organisations?
researching a particular topic or leader?
curious about the location of a country?
looking for educational resources?
- Then ...
you’ve come to the right place! You won’t find everything here, but you will find a lot.
Africa Research is designed with students of Africa in mind. Whether you are an elementary or high school pupil, university scholar, teacher, journalist, church worker or civil society activist,
you will find much information and many useful resources in the research features below:
top of page
- ARCHIVES — Contains all articles posted to the AfricaFiles website from all programme areas — Africa InfoServ, At Issue Ezine, etc. Fully searchable by topic, region, country, author, title, or any key word you wish to enter.There are currently over 10,000 articles in the database.
- LINKS — Provides direct access to approximately 175 organisations in Africa or with significant African content or connections. Each link comes with a brief description to aid your search.
- EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES — Afro Probe is an integrated literacy-based unit for Intermediate and Senior students which provides teachers (in elementary and secondary schools) with resources to assist them in presenting images and information about African people and cultures that are not usually conveyed through mainstream media sources.
- IMAGE COLLECTIONS — Visual essays on different themes from a variety of African communities.
- SOUTHERN AFRICA REPORT — A valuable record of the Southern Africa region from 1985 to 2002 — eight years of insight from the acclaimed magazine Southern Africa Report.
- AT ISSUE FORUM — Contains all articles from the predecessor of At Issue Ezine.